Role Purpose: To diagnose, repair and service all radios and radio equipment which may need servicing or repairing to a high standard. And to support the service department during absences such as annual leave and sickness.
- Ensure all radios and equipment are repaired and serviced within 3-5 working days.
- Make sure any radios that need to go to Motorola are ready and the config is saved on G Drive in the correct folder.
- Ensure Hire radios to be looked at within 48 hours. Sale radios to be looked at within 24 hours.
- To research new equipment available in the market and to make recommendations if it is required to be more productive
- Take responsibility for stock and stock taking, and ensure you have what’s needed to carry out repairs.
- Ensure that you organise your day and prioritise your workload.
- Ensuring that your knowledge of the job is kept up to date by continuing learning and attending suitable courses which are relevant to your job
- Make sure you are train, learn and develop new skills.
- Ensure you always work in a safe a professional manner.
- Ensure the workshop area is always kept clean and tidy.
- Help in other departments within the building when necessary.
- To occasionally attend site when needed to assist the engineers or to service radios.
- To clean all customer radios before being sent back to the customer.
- To complete radio checklist when servicing and repairing the radios.
Skills and Experience
- Understand how to diagnose and repair radios to component level.
- Basic understanding of RF.
- Good understanding of Digital test set.
- Good understanding of analogue test set.
- Good understanding of spectrum analyser.
- Soldering skills up to micro soldering.
- Basic understanding of electrics.
- Must be good at fault finding and problem solving.
- Must understand how to use a multi meter.
- Ability to get things done.
- Organised with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Take responsibility and lead by example.
- Have all round good communication skills
- Customer care knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Full, clean driving licence.
This role requires a trustworthy organised person who is self motivated and can work with little or no supervision in a team or alone sometimes under pressure. Needs a flexible approach to accommodate the needs of the business which will include occasional weekend work. Need to be willing to learn from other members of staff and source knowledge of the job by yourself using the internet, and sourcing information from manuals and books. Need to be able to identify different parts and components of radios and radio equipment.
Please note, although this role will be predominantly based in the Brentwood Communications Ltd, there may be occasions where the position may be peripatetic, depending on the needs of the business.
Health and Safety
- Maintain responsibility for own Health and Safety at all times, adhering to all company policies
- Report all accidents, injuries and near misses to the office immediately
- Engage with business wide initiatives that support charity, community, and socially responsible business activity.