Goods In/Goods Out Co-ordinator
Role Purpose: To make sure that all aspects of the Goods In/Goods Out department run smoothly and efficiently. You will be responsible for the administration of deliveries, unloading and loading of stock, keep accurate records, and analyse data and process regular reports, as directed by your line manager.
This position will involve some heaving lifting on a day to day basis.
Working hours: 8am to 5pm, with one hour for lunch.
- To be fully accountable for stock take and stock control systems to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- To ensure high standards of health and safety are always adhered to within the department.
- To be responsible for the inter-depot transfers, stock movements and putting stock away in correct location.
- To plan any future organising to meet capacity requirements.
- To always ensure timely and effective communication between departments.
- To ensure stock is received and contact suppliers if there are any discrepancies.
- To ensure all orders are picked, packed and given to the couriers on time, accurately and efficiently; in order to meet agreed service targets.
- To make sure you work colleagues are aware if there is a delay with stock being shipped out, and chase back orders with the Purchasing Manager.
- To ensure your work is always double checked, and there are no mistakes when sending hire and sale equipment out via the couriers.
- To plan, prioritise and organise your day and your workload.
- To notify the Purchasing Manager when the department is low on all stock.
- To check and record the courier manifest is correct against the invoice.
- Update the sales team in the morning huddle regarding any customer orders that are due to go out that day and any orders which cannot be fulfilled.
- To be responsible for querying any discrepancies on the shipping reports.
- To ensure when orders are picked and allocated they are done so accurately by using the data from the computer system.
- Ensure the Goods In department is consistently maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
- To be willing to support other areas of the business depending on business needs.
- To take overall responsibility of the day to day running of the Goods In/Goods Out department.
Skill and Experience
- Goods In/Goods Out experience
- Computer literate
- Organised with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Good communication skills.
- To be self-motivated.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Warehouse experience