Group Operations Engineering Manager
Role Purpose: The Brentwood Communications Group are looking for an experienced Operations Engineering Manager with good management skills and the ability to lead, mentor and motivate a highly skilled team. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and will have responsibility for several disciplines including resourcing, training, planning, appraisals, 121’s, quality and health and safety. Working across the Group, your role is to bring the 4 companies together to develop procedures and processes, to get the very best of them and to continuously share best practice.
- Responsible for ensuring operational best practice is always maintained across the Group.
- Core responsibility for the engineering depts and associated support activities.
- Provide inspiring, motivational trust to a team of professionals, within and outside the Group, and create the environment in which those
- teams can be their absolute best. Lead and mentor teams of engineers to deliver the best service.
- Develop, Implement & Improve key performance indicators
- Ensure timely delivery of all key operational deliverables.
- Maintain awareness of latest radio technology.
- Identify, articulate, and implement relevant performance improvements as appropriate.
- Oversee day-to-day operations ensuring all aspects are carried out in a timely and efficient manner
- Be responsible for coaching and arranging the external training for the engineers.
- Work with the sales teams across the Group and take accountability to ensure installations go out on time.
- Work alongside the Project Manager to ensure stock is ready for installations.
- Manage and lead a group of operational of RF Systems Engineers, and Systems Engineers.
- Oversee day to day activities of the department to run efficiently and drive new opportunities.
- Investigate, review, and implement new techniques to continually innovate and develop.
- Inquisitive, resilient self-disciplined leader with consistent management style.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and proven experience of leading a team.
- The aptitude to take a helicopter view of issues without losing sight of the detail.
- Persuasive communication and influencing skills across all levels.
- Very analytical with a keen eye for detail.
- Agile, adaptable and a proven problem solver with the ability to adopt a pragmatic. approach when needed.
- Experience working as an engineer desirable but not essential.
Although the role will predominantly be based at our head office in Chelmsford a full driving license will be essential as you will be expected to travel to different sites, at least one day a week, depending on the needs of the business.