RF and Installations & Systems Manager
Role Outline: The RF Engineering Manager will be responsible for implementing and maintaining engineering standards within the engineering department, including engineering task management and on-site inspections of installation work.
- Providing technical leadership in the design and optimisation of PMR, DMR, TETRA and some cellular networks to all the Field falling under HQ
- Strong organizational and administrational skills as you will be responsible for a team of Engineers on a day2day basis
- Contribute in design, implementation and on-going review of all engineering policies
- Collaborate with the other Engineers to determine best practice
- Prioritise tasks appropriately in line with the strategy and direction of the Company from the Logistics Manager
- Uphold engineering standards across the department, including site visits, system inspections and document reviews
- Ongoing training and development of the engineering department
- Support tender submissions; to include technical input, engineering planning and customer meetings
- Responsible for Engineers time sheets
- Cover for the other Engineers as required
- To work closely with the Project Manager to offer help and advice when needed
- Communicate and liaise with Logistics Manager on any updates and changes
- To hold weekly meetings and communicate any project updates with the engineering team
- To conduct 1-2-1 monthly meetings and do yearly appraisals, make sure all documents are completed and returned to HR
- Assist in other departments within the Company as and when needed depending on the needs of the business
- Minimum 4 years’ related experience with commercial Radio communications whether with a manufacturer, distributor, reseller or end-user
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in Lead/Managerial role
- Understanding of RF theory is essential
- Understanding of basic electronics to the component level is desirable
- Continue with being technical and hands on within the engineering team but have some track record of providing supervision to engineers
- Proficient in the operational use of RF test equipment
- Strong understanding of passive-DAS and its components are essential
- Understanding of active DAS is desirable
- Excellent ability to prioritise tasks, make quick distinctive decisions and be self-sufficient
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills is essential
- Put customers and people at the heart of all activity ensuring the customers are treated as people and people as customers at all times.
- Represent the company by own appearance and behavior in line with the delivery of world class standards.
Health & Safety
- Maintain responsibility for own Health and Safety at all times, adhering to all company policies
- Report all accidents, injuries and near misses to the office immediately and entering into accident book.
- Maintain professional working relationships with colleagues
- Utilise the support available from other departments to maximum effect
- Engage with business wide initiatives that support charity, community and socially responsible business activity.
- Abide by the Company values at all times.