Senior HR Business Partner
For 45 years Brentwood Communications has been the market leader in providing communication systems across the UK and across the world. We have recently become the UK’s largest radio communications company due to recent acquisitions. We are based in Chelmsford with offices located in Dublin, Southampton and Cambridgeshire.
Role Purpose: We are looking for a talented and proactive Senior HR Business Partner to join our Senior Management team, taking full responsibility for the HR activities for the company, driving forward the people management strategy and managing the company HR policies and procedures, developing and implementing company culture and company coaching programmes for managers and supervisors.
- To be responsible for an end to end recruitment and selection process. Ensuring the correct process is followed, all documentation is completed and sites are supporting in managing interviews.
- Processing new starters including issuing offer letters and contracts of employment and ensuring all site managers provide an induction to new starters
- Processing leavers, in line with company policy
- Check all HR related invoices, including recruitment agency fees and training providers and sign off for payment.
- Deputise for FD in managing the payroll as needed. Inform payroll of any changes to salary payments or any bonus payments in time for each months pay run
- Disciplinary and grievance. To assist in supporting managers in ensuring investigations are completed as required,. Providing support for disciplinary and grievance meetings including ensuring the correct meeting letters are provided, supporting in meetings and preparing outcome letters
- Providing day to day HR support to site managers as required ensuring company procedures are followed and managers are dealing with the HR issues
- Supporting sites with absence management, ensuring company procedure is followed and supporting any long term absent issues.
- To participate and assist in the development of HR policies and procedures, ensuring full compliance with employment law and with training managers on the policies as required
- Developing remuneration and reward procedures
- Keeping the board informed on personnel and employee-related policies, as needed, to preserve and facilitate company strategy
- Attend Management meetings as both organiser and contributor (HR issues)
- Respond to and deal with any ad-hoc enquiries as they occur
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Extensive experience of working with a Senior HR role
- Degree level HR qualification and a member of the CIPD
- Ability to influence at all levels
- A strong track-record in HR generalist and change management roles
- Faultless communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough working knowledge of UK employment legislation