Goods In/Goods Out Operative
Role Purpose: To be responsible for the running of all aspects of the Hire department and to assist with the Goods In department on an ad hoc basis.
Reporting To: Logistics Manager
Key Responsibilities – Hire Department
- Covering Hire department in Team Leader absence.
- Ensuring all hires are correctly picked and boxed, and all Hire paperwork is filed correctly.
- Ensuring that all hires are booked for collection and are off hired correctly as soon as possible.
- Ensuring that all invoicing is correct, (dates, amounts and delivery charges).
- Ensuring you clean all hire equipment to a high standard and put away in the correct place.
- Log all damaged, lost and faulty equipment in the correct manner with the correct paperwork.
- Ensuring all faulty equipment is exchanged in the designated time allocated.
- Assisting the delivery driver when loading/unloading van and occasional deliveries
- Ensuring that you organize your day and prioritise your workload and your workspace is kept clean and tidy at all times
Key Responsibilities – Goods In Department
- Covering Goods In department in Team Leader absence.
- Taking delivery of all stock and ensuring it is logged onto the system and put in the correct place.
- To phone suppliers if stock is missing.
- Assisting with ensuring sales orders go out on the correct dates and the order is complete.
- Maintain and promote the safe handling, storage, and identification of goods according to quality procedures.
- To process paperwork accurately and efficiently in line with departmental policy and set procedures.
- Ensuring all sales orders are correctly picked & all sale paperwork is filed correctly.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge in order to effectively perform the role.
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of how a Hire and Goods In department works and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Good eye for detail is essential.
- Flexibility, commitment and punctuality.
- Able to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Organisation skills is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- IT literate with a good understanding of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- As this role may involve some ad hoc delivery duties, the successful applicant must have a full, clean driving licence.
Health and Safety
- Maintain responsibility for own Health and Safety at all times, adhering to all company policies.
- Report all accidents, injuries and near misses to your line manager immediately.
- Maintain professional working relationships with colleagues.
- Utilise the support available from other departments to maximum effect.