Role Purpose: To complete all site-based work including surveys and installations
- Providing technical leadership in the design and optimisation of PMR (Analogue/ DMR) to all the Field Engineers falling under HQ
- Attend customer sites to carry out site surveys, ascertaining what equipment fits with their requirements.
- Confirm quantities and customer requirements, providing full and detailed reports of equipment and tools required to carry out the installation
- To plan distributed antenna systems (DAS) and deploy systems for UHF/VHF two-way digital mobile
- Complete RAMS when required
- Attend customer sites to perform installations, including crane and vehicle installations and de-installations in any building and location required
- Ensure all installations are completed on time and to a high standard whilst prioritising workload.
- Reprogram radios at customer sites as required, liaising with customers as and to help diagnoses any problems.
- Complete all relevant paperwork in the required time.
- Appraise own performance and contribute towards own development of the knowledge & skills required to achieve results
- Help and support in other departments within the Brentwood Group in technical aspects
- Providing Ongoing support, training and development to the engineering department.
- Support tender submissions; to include technical input, engineering planning and customer meetings
- To hold weekly meetings and communicate any project updates with the engineering team
- Responsible for the engineers on a day-to-day basis
Quality of Delivery
- Carry out a thorough site coverage test with the customer before leaving site, after installations, obtaining a signature to confirm the original spec has been fulfilled (including taking photos pre and post installation)
- Ensure you have all equipment and tools required for your days’ work, attending site on time, liaising with purchasing to order stock accordingly when needed
- Contact the customer the day prior to install to make sure everything is in place before attending site.
- Maintain own knowledge and skills relevant to your role and the industry by attending suitable courses relevant to your role.
Skill and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience with commercial Radio communications whether with a manufacturer, distributor, reseller or end-user
- Competent in PMR programming of the major manufacturers ( Motorola, Hytera, Kenwood, Icom)
- Competent in the setup and deployment of IP based repeater PMR Systems
- Radio installation in all different types of buildings and vehicles
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident working from heights
- Full driving license, and full access to a vehicle
- Working within the RF spectrum (system planning, use of test equipment, spectrum analyser) (essential)
- Experience in Customer care knowledge
- Must be able to work well on their own, but also be a good team player.
Health and Safety
- Maintain responsibility for own Health and Safety at all times, adhering to all company policies
- Report all accidents, injuries and near misses to the office immediately
- Engage with business wide initiatives that support charity, community, and socially responsible business activity.
Please note: this role requires an enthusiastic, organised and dedicated individual who is comfortable working from ladders, scaffolding or a cherry picker. The ideal candidate may be required to work occasionally at weekends depending on the needs of the business. You may be put on a call out rota. You may be required to work overseas and stay in various locations across the UK.